|Home||» Products||» Vascular Management & Lymphedema||» Sequential Compression Device - Claudication Pain|
Sequential Compression Device - Claudication Pain
Angio Press is a sequential compression system for the treatment of intermittent claudication in Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). The device intermittently applies high pressure to the legs in a regular cycle, enhancing extremities blood flow in patients with PAD.
The intermittent sequential compression applied by Angiopress is smooth, painless and comfortable. The cells inside the garments (sleeves) are sequentially inflated, from the distal to the proximal part of the leg.
How Angio Press works?
1.The sequential compression device with unique cycle which improves collateral (new arteries) formation.
2. The device empties the lower limb sequentially by the application of a suprasystolic pressure.
3. This is then followed by a 4 sec occlusion of the lower leg which results in a mild hypoxic condition
4. The pressure is then rapidly released causing rush of blood from a normoxic place to a hypoxic place and has shown to result in formation of collaterals.
5. The effect of collateral formation enhances lower limb perfusion.
6. Treatment according to your physician prescription will result in longer walking distance, less pain during claudication, and less pain during rest.
1. Intermittent claudication pain
3. Critical limb ischemia